Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Here we are, tangled in the oxygen tubing.

Alright so I figured it might be a good idea to let you know what's gone on in the past couple of months. First I graduated from school got my fancy diploma, another peice of paper to clutter my room. After that it was up to me to figure out the rest of my life.

So I decided I needed a job, kind of important to be able to pay back my loans and what not. I handed out resumes, I went to interviews and low and behold I got a job at the local hospital, Corporation X. I thought this was great, it was exciting! Until I acutally started to work at my new job.

I finished my orientation two weeks of boring crapola I'd already done as a student, and started my floor orientation. My first shift was crap crap crap. The other nurses were defensive about new hires, the patient load was insane, I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off but somehow managed to figure out a routine to each shift. That done with my next hurdle was my exam.

The exam is a province wide, it's "Standardized" and you have to sit in a room full of people like yourself new grads. It was terrifying, I wasn't afraid of the exam at first but the moment I sat down the room was filled with fear. The smell of fear people fiddled with their pencils, they pulled on their hair, they screamed out "please god help me to pass!" It was all very dramatic. I finished it though and of course GOT THE HELL OUTA THERE!

Now I've been waiting patiently for the peice of paper in the mail that says "Congratulations A. You passed the crazy test! Hopefully you'll never have to write it again!" Well maybe it doesn't say that exactly but close enough.

In that time my sister, Shoulder, got in a scooter accident and injured her shoulder to the point she's been going for lots of crazy tests and has not been able to drive her scooter so I have been the one to have to drive her to work and back, which just sucks majourly because it makes it difficult to pick up extra shifts.

Also my mother, the woman, split up with my dad, she dove into alcohol to cope and has been driving Shoulder and I up the wall. I'm sure you'll hear about her in other posts.

I've been trying to find it apartment or house for rent which is basically impossible in the rural area I live in, and many other things have happened. Hopefully I can fill you in on everything eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment